With Overdraft Transfer for Checking Accounts, this service prevents a check from bouncing by transferring money from your Share Savings Account into your Checking Account if you have sufficient funds to cover the transaction. Here’s what you need to know about Overdraft Transfer:
- It’s a complimentary, automatic service for New Horizon FCU members who have both a Checking Account and a Share Savings Account* with us.
- If, for any reason, your Checking Account has insufficient funds to pay for an item, this service automatically transfers funds from your Share Savings Account to your Checking Account to cover the transaction.
- No fees are assessed when this service is activated. There are no transaction fees, no non-sufficient fund (NSF) fees, and no overdraft fees.
- Most transaction types are covered, including checks/drafts, ACH transactions (automatic preauthorized transactions, such as bill pay).
- It covers a maximum of 6 transactions per month, per federal regulations.
- Members who opt-out of this service are required to pay any and all fees associated with insufficient funds in their checking accounts.
Call us at 330-745-8897 if you have any questions.
*With additional authorization, this service can also link two Share Checking Accounts owned by the same account owner.
Contact us for enrollment details.